The hottest trend right now is Landscape Lighting in Greensboro, NC. The difference landscape lighting makes is so astonishing once you’ve had it, you’ll never be able to live without it. Landscape Lighting in Greensboro, NC not only makes your home & property more inviting & beautiful, but also serves as a safety measure. Outdoor living spaces are becoming so popular these day, that it only makes sense that more and more people are spending their free time outdoors. When do you have time to enjoy the fruits or your labor? That’s right, you guessed it….at night after work. So why would you neglect the service that brings it all to life at night? Don’t underestimate the power of landscape lighting. Landscape lighting trends have followed those of landscape & hardscape contractors. Investing in your home & “STAY”cation resort makes sense. Type of light, what to light, how to light, and how to control your lighting system is what’s hot this year in landscape lighting in Greensboro, NC.
Determine the impact it would have on your environment if everyone chose to reduce their power consumption by 80%. That’s how much power you could be saving on your electric bill.
TYPE OF LIGHT
- LED Lights: LED’s have been on the forefront of lighting trends for several years now (around 5 years) and are here to stay. They now have been proven to outlast and outperform Halogen lamps every time. The color is unmatched now as well so you no longer have to worry about your lighting system looking bluish/white with LED’s. Put an LED and a Halogen side by side and you’ll no longer be able to tell the difference.
WHAT TO LIGHT
- Structures: With so much emphasis on outdoor living spaces these days, more gazebos, pergolas, cabanas, trellis, walls, columns, statues, and sculpture are being built into the landscape giving opportunities for landscape lighting professionals to design lighting into them furthering the ability to create amazing lighting scenes.
- Hard to Reach Areas: Stairs, soffits above garages, driveway lights, trees, and underwater lights.
HOW TO LIGHT
- Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Lighting in the hardscape. Most of these fixtures will either need to be installed during the installation of your hardscaping (walls, patios, columns, driveways, etc.) or by a company that has the knowledge and skill to be able to highlight these areas by repairing existing features to look as though they weren’t an afterthought. It will cost you more if you install after your hardscape project is complete so plan ahead and coordinate with a specialist in landscape lighting in Greensboro, NC. Hardscape lighting has gradually become a popular trend, but within the last year, this is now a staple piece in most every landscape. If you’re looking for more than a few up lights on the home or path lights along your walkways, you will need the help of a landscape lighting professional.
HOW TO CONTROL YOUR LANDSCAPE LIGHTING
- Timers and Controllers: Long gone are the days of the one control setting ‘dusk to dawn’. Even the push/pull pin timers are falling by the wayside that gave very minuet control over you landscape lighting system. The new trend for control is digital timers that offer multiple programs. If you have a tech savy landscape lighting professional, they will more than likely offer you a digital timer as default, but bring astronomical timers as their timer of choice. You get all the ease of a digital timer, with the sophistication of built in daylight savings. Never reset your timer again. With the lighting industry growing so quickly, similar to the computer & technology industry so many manufacturers are racing to come out with the next big hit and many of them are focusing solely on controls. Now with a single push of the button you can easily control your landscape lighting system to suit your lifestyle. Lighting controllers have become more advanced and can easily access your lighting system from your mobile device or an app. Dimming capabilities and scene selection can now give that person that wants to be in control of everything, total control and geek out with their friends at a low cost.
POTENTIAL TREND IN FUTURE
- Solar Lights: These are rapidly becoming a popular option for the Do It Yourselfer (bought at the Big Box Stores), but have not come far enough to even come close to the impact that a low voltage landscape lighting system can give. Due to the need for sunlight, typically these fixtures are unattractive and not super functional yet. This could be a big deal down the road, but not any time soon.
As technology becomes more accessible and efficient, outdoor lighting trends will continue to evolve and grow as the market dictates. Check with you local lighting specialist for the latest news and trends with landscape lighting in Greensboro, NC.