Before & After: Patio and Culvert Walls
Check out the start-to-finish progress pictures of this project Southern Exposure Landscape Management installed in Greensboro, NC.
The Patio and Fire Pit
This project included a circular patio, elevated by a stone wall on the lower side. Steps were added to give safe access to the lower yard. A circular firepit was added to the center of the patio for year round entertaining and relaxing.
- Location: Greensboro, NC
- Products: Heritage Wall Block for retaining wall and culvert walls, Belgadr Dublin Coble pavers on patio, Rockwood Grand Fire Ring Fire Pit
The Culvert Walls
In the front yard, the existing mulch bed surrounding the culvert wall was continually eroding and washing away. We installed a small decorative wall on each side of the drive and added river rock at the base of the pipe to create an attractive riverbed. Finally, the crews replaced the mulch with pine needles to help prevent erosion and pine needles are less likely to wash away compared to mulch when placed on a slope. The new walls really improved the curb appeal as well as help in keeping eroding debris from clogging the culvert pipe.
Southern Exposure has the following certifications:
- Certified SRWI* (Segmented Retaining Wall Installer)
- Certified ICPI* (Interlocking Concrete Paver Installer)
- Belgard Authorized Installer
- Techo-Pro Authorized Installer
- Certified Techniseal Applicator
- Certified Low-Voltage Lighting Technician (CLVLT)
- Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer (COLD) enrolled in 4 year degree
- NC applicator’s license for spraying fungicides and weed control products, as required by the state
*ICPI and SRWI certifications can provide the homeowner, contractor, or developer assurance that their projects are designed and installed properly. These certifications cover: concrete pavements, permeable interlocking concrete pavers (driveways, patios, walkways), grid pavers, brick pavers (driveways, patios, walkways), concrete paving slabs, and retaining walls.