Well done is better than well said.
Why Do We Exist? Statement of Purpose.
- To Provide an excellent service (through our maintenance / installations)
- Through being the “best” at what we do. Our experience, certifications, project management, & continued education will help us to become the best Landscaping company in NC.
- To Provide excellent customer service (through our customer experience)
- Care about what we do: Do what we say we are going to do.
- Perform at Every Level: from the initial call, through the sales & design process, the crew, customer service, etc.
- To Make a Profit & Create Growth
- Provide financial opportunities for those that work with Southern Exposure
- Growth gives us a larger pool of people to positively effect.
- Create an organization that positively effects everyone that is in contact with every level of our staff
- To Make an Impact: Build a GREAT Business for a GREATER Purpose... Pursuing Performance God’s Way.
- Through providing excellent service.
- Through providing excellent customer service.
- Care about the customers we work “for” and the people we work “with”.
- Through community service & volunteer work
- Through genuinely caring for our staff & our clients
What Are Our CORE Values?
A Commitment to Integrity- We strive to do what is right even when no one is watching. This core value comes first for a reason. Without integrity, we will not have the impact we desire to become the best Landscaping company in NC.
- We operate with honesty, knowing that ultimately God is in control of the results.
- “He stores up success for the upright; He is a shield for those who live with integrity.”
Employee Development – We strive to create an atmosphere that inspires and enables people to reach their full potential. As a company, we want to meet our employees where they are as they strive for excellence. Our goal is to provide the resources and inspiration required to "move" them forward on their path. Many times this means advancement within our company. I desire for this place to become an opportunity where everyone involved has a hand in helping each other get to the next level through having a genuine care and compassion for the people we work with.
The Pursuit of Excellence- In all things we do, we expect excellence. That does not mean we will not make mistakes, but we take each opportunity (job/project/client) that is presented to us to be the very best we can be in all areas: customer service, installations & maintenance, professionalism, etc.
- “Be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord's work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)
- “Just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving
Community Impact- We are part of the local community (Greensboro, Summerfield, Browns Summit, Oak Ridge, Stokesdale, Jamestown, Burlington) in which we work and therefore have the responsibility to give back to that community. Whether through donations, volunteered time, sponsorships, community service or fundraising, we are going to take the time and energy to give to those who need it. Use our talents to make a difference in those who need it most.
- “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)
Respect- We desire to have as much consideration for the personal and professional worth and dignity of others as we do ourselves. We want to create an environment that is positive for our employees, vendors and clients. A desire to treat all with the utmost respect, even our competitors.
- Value each other’s time.
- Respect all roles within the organization, recognizing that each contributes to the success and growth of our business.
- Encourage personal and professional growth of our employees.
- Resolve conflicts in healthy and timely ways.
- Develop an environment that encourages open, candid dialogue.
- Display respect when sharing ideas so that others are confident in their performance.
- “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” (Luke 6:31)
Service- We serve our employees, vendors and clients to the best of our ability.
- Look for opportunities to help others with their assignments and responsibilities.
- Alert to the needs of others and seek to serve them, even when it is not convenient.
- Consistently do more than is required of us.
- Give to others our time and our resources without expecting anything in return.
- Committed to serving our communities and organizations that make it a priority to serve others.
- Will form strategic partnerships with organizations that can benefit from our service of time and resources.
- By following the example of Jesus, we can seek to serve others with humility.
- “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.”(John 13: 15-17)
Initiative- Our desire is to empower our employees to proactively contribute to the success of the company. We encourage our people to innovate and execute, independently and collaboratively.
- Focus our people and resources to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness.
- Embrace change and cultivate a culture where taking initiative is expected and rewarded.
- Find growth personally and professionally where innovation is initiated and executed.
- “Here is a simple rule for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! Luke 6:31-32
- “The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.” (1 Corinthians 3: 7-9)
Southern Exposure Landscaping company in NC prides itself in both our installations and in our custom lawn care programs. With a dedicated staff and a love for our job, Southern Exposure consistently strives to outperform our competitors. Each of our staff members is committed to providing our customers with exceptional customer service and professionalism. It is our goal to help our customers achieve maximum satisfaction. We succeed together by continually 'growing better' in partnering with our clients and investing in the industry's best people. We believe that by applying that attitude through our employees, we will achieve this goal.
Our mission is to be the standard by which all other landscape design/build/maintenance companies are measured in our market. Using our God-given creative talents, we work together to help clients design and achieve breath taking and peaceful landscapes for the benefit of the community and our future generations through developing sustainability in our landscapes & communications that are clear, distinct, reliable, and timely with our clients.